Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

run different macros depending on the value of the variable

Hi
My problem is that I need to select a month either 1 or 2 months ago, depending on the variable v_addTimeShift, which has a value of either 1 or 2. I currently use different macros for this and run them using button actions. Unfortunately, I am unable to run different macros in the  one activity depending on the variable ( something like: If(var=1, macro1, macro2). I have tried to use the variable inside a macro as well, in this case one macro is enough, but unfortunately that doesn't work either. The solution would also be if I could write a third macro that would run either the first or the second macro depending on the value of the variable, I tried that too, but unfortunately it didn't work.
Riho

Sub SelectLastMonth
         With ActiveDocument.Fields("Year_Month")
                 .Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-1), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
        End With
End Sub

Sub SelectLastMonth_L
                 .Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-2), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
        End With
End Sub

Labels (1)
2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would think you could just reference the variable in your macro like:

Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-$(myvar)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'),

BTW,

riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much for your help, the advice worked. However, I also have another macro that selects the last 12 months. I also did this round following the same advice and it works too. However, this macro seems very clumsy and it should be possible to write it using the for next loop. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I am also attaching both versions of the macro.
Riho

sub Select12months
   .Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-1-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-2-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-3-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-4-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-5-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-6-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-7-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-8-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-9-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
   .ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-10-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
.   ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-11-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
.   ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-12-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
End With
end sub

sub Select12monthsTest
.Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-1-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
for n=2 to 12
.ToggleSelect ActiveDocument.Evaluate("Date(Date#(AddMonths(Today(),-n-$(v_addTimeShift)), 'DD.MM.YYYY'), 'YYYY-MM')")
next
End With
end sub