Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shir63
Contributor III
Contributor III

set analysis aggr sum with total by order

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with a formula that is meant to calculate % of discount.

ORDER NUMBER List Price Discount Amount is Discount Stream Name % of Discount Calculated
1 100 20 Y HW A 0.12
1 50 10 Y Con B 0.12
1 0 10 N HW C 0.12
1 100 30 N HW D 0.12

Sum List Price 250        
  Sum Discount = Y 30        
  % of Discount 0.12        

based on an order # I want to sum all Discount = Y, & all list price inside an order

receive a % , and give it to each of the lines inside that order.

then multiply that % in the list price.

this is the formula i created: 

avg(total <[Sale Order Order Number]>aggr(sum(total <[Sale Order Order Number]> {1<[IS Discount (Y/N)] = {'Y'} >} $(vDiscount))
/
sum(total <[Sale Order Order Number]>{1} $(vList2)),[Sale Order Order Number]))

Sum($(vList2))

the issue is that it only works in a table with the dimension "Sale Order Order Number".

it doesn't work in a pivot, or with a different dimension.

what do you think i should do? appreciate your help guys.

thanks!

1 Reply
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Shir63 ,

I think what's happening is that if you change your dimension from [Sale Order Order Number] then your aggregation will no longer be correct because Qlik is now aggregating by that column and the new dimension you've added.

In your aggr( ) you're calling out [Sale Order Order Number] as your grouping which makes sense if that is also your dimension. I presume by adding a different dimension you would then want to see the breakdown by [Sale Order Order Number] and the new column. If that's the case you can try adding this new column name to your total <[Sale Order Order Number]> statements.

Regards

Anthony