Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

sort second dimension (axis) on a radar chart

Hi all!

I'm facing a trouble with a radar chart I want to use in one of our dashboards: ¿how can I to sort second dimension on this kind of chart?

I mean, I want to use radar chart to show how the number of calls change by hour, as an analogic clock. But I'm hitting a wall because hours don't order itselves.

This is my "crazy clock"

• 1st dimension = client
  • 2nd dimension = hour(hora); as hora is hh:mm:ss field
  • measure = sum(duration/60); as duration is in seconds

Gestion-PSD_0-1601384292081.png

I tried to load data ordering by "hora" field but it doesn't work.

Does anybody help me?

Best regards

Alonso Torres

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all.

Finally, We found the "solution" to this behavior.

Second dimension orders by its values "inside" first sorted value of first dimension, and later orders by its values on second sorted value, and so on.

So, if first value of first dimension doesn't have the full range of values of second dimension, those of them that does not exists in first value will be ordered after those of them that in fact exists in first value.

In the image above, first value of first dimension have only hours from 7 to 22. Second value of first dimension have some (or all) of the previous, plus 0, 2, 5, 6 and 23, and the next ones have values on hour 1,3 and 4.

I hope you can understand this text.

Regards,

Alonso Torres.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all.

Finally, We found the "solution" to this behavior.

Second dimension orders by its values "inside" first sorted value of first dimension, and later orders by its values on second sorted value, and so on.

So, if first value of first dimension doesn't have the full range of values of second dimension, those of them that does not exists in first value will be ordered after those of them that in fact exists in first value.

In the image above, first value of first dimension have only hours from 7 to 22. Second value of first dimension have some (or all) of the previous, plus 0, 2, 5, 6 and 23, and the next ones have values on hour 1,3 and 4.

I hope you can understand this text.

Regards,

Alonso Torres.

SiO2y
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing this issue. I'm not sure where to make a request to have a feature added to be able to sort by second dimension but would like to do so if someone could point me to that.

I have found a partial workaround to this issue.

My first dimension, alphabetically, only contained a few of the hour values that I wanted to plot around the clock, however another of the values of my first dimension contained all of them. I then needed to make that value the first sorted dimension so I created a calculated dimension with pick(match(... )) which converted each of the values into Dual( ) fields.

Let's say dimension value Val1 only has a few values but dimension value Val2 has all of them

Create a calculated dimension for your first dimension in the chart as:

Pick(Match(Val1,  Val2), Dual(Val1, 2), Dual(Val2, 1))

Qlik Sense will naturally sort the dual values by their numeric value before their alphabetical value so the first value, with all of the values for the second dimension, will be first and your clock will be correct.

This will only work if you have a value in dimension 1 that contains all of the values of dimension 2 but it's better than nothing.