Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelbr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Component created by using Component Kit is not showing in Palette

I followed Component Kit tutorial, the compilation and deployment process is completed without any errors but TOS 7.2.1  is not showing my component in the palette as described in tutorial. I'm using Component Kit version 1.1.13 IntelliJ plugin on Windows 7

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so it means the component is not recognize,

can you try - if not already done - to add in config.ini this line:

component.java.coordinates = com.tutorial:tutorial-component:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT

michaelbr
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rmannibucau,

After adding the line you suggested the component is visible in Palette but component server is showing empty array. It looks like component server doesn't have any idea about my component.   

michaelbr
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi  @rmannibucau,

I figured out the issue (I had similar issue on windows with other open source frameworks).

The maven goal is setting the component.java.registry property in config system to valid windows format which is  C\:\\ETL\\TALEND\\configuration\\components-registration.properties this is complete fine from window perspective but not from java. So the solution was to change it to the valid java following format C\:/ETL/TALEND/configuration/components-registration.properties and suddenly the component started to show-up in the palette. The component local server is not playing any role as it showing no components using http://localhost:8080/api/v1/action/index endpoint. 
michaelbr
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rmannibucau 
I figured out the issue (I had similar issue on windows with other open source frameworks),

The maven  talend-component:deploy-in-studio  goal is setting the component.java.registry property in config.ini to valid windows format which is

C\:\\ETL\\TALEND\\configuration\\components-registration.properties 

this is complete fine from window perspective but not from java.
So the solution was to change it to the following format 

C\:/ETL/TALEND/configuration/components-registration.properties

and suddenly the component started to show-up in the palette.