Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPogorelov1634291005
Contributor II
Contributor II

Component doesn`t reload in developer mode in Studio.

Hello everyone!

I developed component in IntelliJ + Talend Component Kit, and then run "deploy-in-studio", I recieved this message:

Installing development version of com.company:company-component:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT in C:\Talend\8.0.1\studio

[INFO] Studio C:\Talend\8.0.1\studio configured to use global maven repository, skipping artifact installation.

After this I need restart studio to refresh my component. I configure config.ini with some lines:

# use local .m2 instead of embedded studio one

maven.repository = global

# during development, see developer model part

component.environment = dev

# log into the console the component interactions - optional

component.server.jul.forceConsole = true

java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter.format = [%4$s] %5$s%6$s%n

But when I click on "Reload Component Kit Server" I recieve empty window and component doesn`t refresh:

0695b00000OAp5hAAD.png

Labels (6)
6 Replies
undx
Creator
Creator

Hi @Makar Pogorelov​ ,

a few questions...

As you've set the repository to global, do you redo a `mvn install` after each change to re-install modified artifact to global repo?

Please launch the studio from console as you've set force to console. Then when you click on refresh, catch the logs and send them in this topic...

br

MPogorelov1634291005
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

How I can run studio from console?

MPogorelov1634291005
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I could start studio with console (-consoleLog param). When I click on "Reload component" console wrote:

[INFO] No TALEND-INF/plugins.properties found, will use file resolution

[INFO] Creating the contextual ComponentManager instance (classloader=org.talend.sdk.component.studio.ProcessManager$1@642301b5, jvm=12388@NB2128)

[INFO] Components: []

[INFO] Created the contextual ComponentManager instance (classloader=org.talend.sdk.component.studio.ProcessManager$1@642301b5, jvm=12388@NB2128)

undx
Creator
Creator

Hi,

From what I see above, no connectors are present! in ContainerManager (Components: [])

Could you send the whole log, your config.ini and components-registration.properties ?

MPogorelov1634291005
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi!

Whole log:

https://pastebin.com/TTDjxR8i

My config.ini:

#File rewritten by org.talend.sdk.component.tools.StudioInstaller utility to add component.java.registry entry

#Wed Feb 09 16:18:19 MSK 2022

eclipse.product=org.talend.rcp.branding.lite.product

osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/org.talend.rcp.branding.generic_8.0.1.20211109_1130/brandings/TP_DM/icons

org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4

org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false

component.java.registry=C\:/Talend/8.0.1/studio/configuration/components-registration.properties

osgi.instance.area.default=C\:/Users/makar.pogorelov/workspace

osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.4.0.v20210315-2228.jar@1\:start

eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/

eclipse.p2.profile=profile

osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.16.300.v20210525-1715.jar

osgi.framework.extensions=

# use local .m2 instead of embedded studio one

maven.repository = global

component.java.port = 8080

# during development, see developer model part

component.environment = dev

# log into the console the component interactions - optional

component.server.jul.forceConsole = true

java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter.format = [%4$s] %5$s%6$s%n

components-registration.properties:

company-component=com.company\:company-component\:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT

undx
Creator
Creator

hi,

Everything in logs seems fine., the connector is well loaded during startup.

Anyway, apparently we've a bug in connectors reloading as when you hit reload action the containers are empty. Will investigate as, from what I remember, we've an old opened issue on that.

Reloading component is mainly useful is you've made some changes in UI/Configuration. If it's runtime changes, just re running will update the connector (after a `mvn clean install` of course for updating connector in global repo).