Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulrich_Wohlfeil
Contributor
Contributor

Context Related Repository Settings

In the old Component API (Javajet), I always define a connection component that creates the connection. All other components just have a connection dropdown field to define, which connection have to be used.

This connection component also holds the connection settings like server name that are dynamic defined by context.xxx variables.

The new Talend Component Kit seems to be designed, only to use "Flow" based components and each component is more "independent" and keep there connection settings on there own mask. The bundle also defines automatically there own Metadata elements in the left menu based on the Datastore/Dataset Objects (cool, by the way).

My Question / Scenario:

I have a Development, a Testing and a Production environment with different parameters.

How can I define dynamic context (or metadata) based settings, so I can run the job dynamically for each environment without modify the property type?

All parameters in the metadata dialog seems to be always static (event if a Ctrl + Space suggest also global context parameters) and if i select a Repository based property type, the field is read only so I can't control this neither.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
undx
Creator
Creator

Hi @Ulrich Wohlfeil​ ,

I'm not sure to fully understand your issue...

If you've 3 env contexts, you context variables should be named the same way for a configuration element!

Otherwise, values coming from repository are normally read only by default...

Anyway, contexts should be parsed correctly with component-runtime components...

Sorry, I may need more infos to help you out 😞

br

--

Emmanuel