Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FGharbi1701429439
Contributor
Contributor

Creating custom component for REST API

Hello,

I am looking to develop a custom component with the same features of TRestClient but with an additional feature which is ithe capability to process the incoming data stream in a single pass and aggregate all records together in the request body as a JSON payload to do just one api call (all of it in the same component).

This modification aims to optimize data processing efficiency by minimizing the number of interactions required between the client and server.

The web services that i'll be using in this component accept multiple querying.

I'm not sure about which is the appropriate method to develop this component, using javajet files or talend component kit.

For the javajet files, i don't find the documentation and the overview of the modules.

For talend component kit, i have read the documentation and i don't know how to process the incoming data in a single pass to aggregate them in a signle structure.

Thanks for any help and guidance in advance.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There's also the tHTTPClient component which is based on TCK and has its functionality exposed so other components can piggyback on it.

For example the JIRA component is using that under the hood: https://github.com/Talend/connectors-se/tree/master/jira/src/main/java/org/talend/components/jira

I'd give TCK a try and create a wrapper component for HttpClient.

FGharbi1701429439
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read some examples of code under connectors-se but my problem is that i can't find how to manipulate the incoming data records in the way that i mentioned in my post 😕

TerriFrance
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for saving my day.