Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrauf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Talend Custom Component - Question and Issue

Following are the questions we are seeking help and details.

1. How to publish the component compiled library, and how to install compiled lib in talend studio?

so other talend developers and use it.

2. How we can publish custom component using gradle commands

Like, for maven

.\mvnw talend-component:deploy-in-studio -D talend.component.studioHome="C:/Users/mrauf/tools/talend/8.0.1/"

3. How to pass tDBConnection(Snowflake) to a custom component?

4. How to mock all database interaction in unit test for our talend custom components?

5. How to implement @Required for parameters? We are getting error when use this annotation

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.talend.sdk.component:talend-component-maven-plugin:1.43.0:validate (talend-validate) on project crd-talend-translation: Some error were detected:

[ERROR] - No source instantiable without adding parameters for @DataSet("CustomDataset") (com.crd.talend.components.dataset.CustomDataset), please ensure at least a source using this dataset can be used

just filling the dataset information.

Please let me know if need any details for any of these points

Labels (3)
17 Replies
undx
Creator
Creator

I'm in holidays, will have a look at my return.

Meanwhile, have a look at documentation. There's many resources on testing.

br

mrauf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Undx, Any update for me on this?

mrauf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Emmanuel GALLOIS​ 

Any update for me on this

mrauf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @undx (Customer)​ 

Any update for me on this

undx
Creator
Creator

Hi @Muhammad Mahmood Rauf​ ,

sorry for the delay! was very busied 😞

Not a gradle expert but I think that the `--exclude-task` (`-x`) flag should be similar...

Anyway, you also may remove the `@Required` annotation and it should compile w/o any issue.

best regards.

mrauf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Emmanuel GALLOIS​ 

Can you please share some sample for this (#4)

Thanks

Mahmood

undx
Creator
Creator

Hi @Muhammad Mahmood Rauf​ ,

We've a public repo for OSS connectors which has many many API usage : https://github.com/Talend/connectors-se

Sorry, it seems not to be mentioned on official documentation ! 😞 (need to create a jira issue for that).

However, now, have a look at it and if you've any question, don't hesitate to ping on...

Best regards.

undx
Creator
Creator

Hum, also forgot to mention that we've some code samples ready to run on doc's site : https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/latest/gallery.html