Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend component kit Developing ConnectionComponent

Hello,

Recently I have been working on a Input and Output component to work with RabbitMQ. The components work fine, but now I think it's nice to add also a Connection component to the Component family, so this way it wouldn't be necessary to fill in the connection details in every single input and output component.

I can't find any documentation on this subject, so my question is where to start with such connection component. I tried to use the Input Component Type for my connection component, but of course that didn't work.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @njozefzoon,

The "connection component" are not directly in the framework but the framework relies on the "configuration type" notion.

It means you can mark part of your configuration as being a "@DataStore" or a "@DataSet" and then they appear in the metadata tree on the left and can be used by reference in the properties to avoid to type the same configuration again and again.

The rules are (note that they are enforced in the coming 1.1.2 release but it was not that strict at build time in previous versions):

1. any datastore has a dataset (in code it means a dataset has a reference - @Option - on a datastore)

2. a dataset can instantiate a source (means that there is an input component configuration which references a dataset option and does not add any required option outside the dataset)

3. any input or output component has a dataset in its configuration

The simplest for you is to define a datastore with the parameters you want and a dataset and use that in the input/output components. Then the user will be able to select a dataset or datastore in the properties panel and avoid to retype its config.

Hope it helps,

Romain