Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prashant_Patil
Contributor
Contributor

Blocking condition in tMatchGroup for a column with multiple values

Hi,

I am using a tMatchGroup component where I need to use a blocking condition as first character of Last_Name column. But, as I am getting multiple words in Last_Name, i need to have each words first character in the blocking condition.

For eg. Last_Name column contains "Lloyd George"

I want to use Last_Name in blocking condition of tMatchGroup blocking condition, in such a way that the records coming in tMatchGroup, if have Last_Name starting with L or G should pass the blocking condition and go for further rules check.

So, how can i handle this situation. Request you to please help here ASAP.

I have been searching the way to do this since many days, but didnt get any breakthrough.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Screenshots will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

Prashant_Patil
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Please find below the example:

Input:

0693p00000AaHxiAAF.pngOutput:

0693p00000AaHuGAAV.png 

i am passing input to tMatchGroup having t-Swoosh algorithm. I need the blocking condition of zip and (lastName1 / lastName2) so that it gives me records based on first character of both words in last name. Also, i have a rule for firstName.

0693p00000AaHwzAAF.pngI hope this makes it more clear. Please do let me know if anything else is required.