Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haresh
Contributor
Contributor

Capture previous iteration result and compare the data?

In my talend program ,we use a java code block to store context variables(global variables) like 

context.header='ABCDEF';

(using the program logic) and it has a corresponding value as 

context.data=100;

Header->Subheader->data (Each header may contain 10 or just 1 subheader) ,i want to sum the total data value for a specific header(totalling all subheader data integer values) 2nd iteration would 

context.header='ABCDEF';context.data=400;

So each iteration would generate new values like (

context.header='XYZEAF'

) and 

context.data=150;

or it would retain the same value as such for the context.header

Essentially i would want to sum up the total of data integer value if it has the same header from the previous iteration or if it is a new header ,i would want to create a separate total for it like:

OUTPUT: Total data count: ABCDEF=500(100+400)............... XYZEAF=150..................and so on

Is there a way to capture the output from the previous iteration after each file processing in talend and compare against the latest iteration and perform the summation?

I was thinking possibly creating an arraylist which can dynamically grow in size and storing the header values in that for each iteration/run and then cross-check with the previous iteration if it had same header ->Just total it up else create a new counter for the new header for the total data.Please suggest some easier way of doing it

1 Reply
gjeremy1617088143

HI @Haresh, take a look a tFlowToIterate component :

https://help.talend.com/r/vn0o8XYVXXNgJkRtWjet9A/gQW7IzhQK0pr5oLxZWT_NQ

with it you can iterate your flow and it stock the values of each rows in globlaMap.

so at each iteration you can manipulate the values of the field of the row with values of the previous row you stocked before in other globalMap.

Send me Love and Kudos