Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cimt_mk
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dynamic campaigns / multiple environments

Hi folks,

I'm working for quite a while with Talend and the more I'm working with Data Stewardship, the more I'm missing a crucial feature: Dynamically selecting a campaign / using different campaigns depending on the selected context / environment (like DEV, TEST, PROD).

Example: In one of our interfaces, we have 4 different campaigns live in production. When I want to test something now (or just continue with the development of a job where the campaign is used), Talend will always point to the campaign which is also used in production. I cannot use any context variables because it looks like Talend is using a unique campaign id internally. 

It is almost impossible to work like that. Before developing / testing, I always need to change the campaigns in all components and while doing that, make sure that the settings stay correct. 

Did someone solve this issue or am I totally blind and missing an existing functionality which solves this problem?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Donn,

Are you this Data Stewardship on-premise or on the cloud ? 

I have the same issue as you, and I use a global context in the studio where I defined the URL to Data Stewardship, the campaign ID, username, and password. Then I configure the tDataStewardship component with those context variables. I only need to switch the context to point on another environment. 

Regards

cimt_mk
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Nadia,

I use both (cloud and on-prem), depending on the customer. I had the same idea and my small proof-of-concept also worked. However, when I tried to implement it in the actual job, it didn't work.

I will try it again and get back to here when I know what the actual error message was.