Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identify duplicates in multiple columns

Hi. I have list of contacts with names and email addresses. There are several columns for Email addresses to store more values (e.g. Email1, Email2, Email3) and I need to identify records where email address is duplicated with another record but in different Email column. Could anyone please guide me which analysis to use and how? Many thanks
Additionally there might be possibly dups within single rows for Emails, so maybe first identify those, clean and then the rest or whatever is best. Im quite new to this so I kind of struggle. Thank you very much
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I   have list of contacts with names and email addresses. There are several columns for Email addresses to store more values (e.g. Email1, Email2, Email3) and I need to identify records where email address is duplicated with another record but in different Email  

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values? 

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank you. Please check the table attached, there are duplicate records for same person and columns to store multliple email addresses. I need to identify duplicates based on email address which could possibly be within another column. For example record 1 in the table would be duplicate with record 4. Record 3 would be duplicate with record 5.
0683p000009MFIz.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do a proper design of your table, then Count dups