Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUARTZ trigger misfire configuration

Hi,
we're using Talend Data Quality Enterprise Edition V. 5.1.2, with TAC and Job conductor to deploy jobs and create triggers.
In our environment, we want to avoid misfiring triggers to fire jobs;
we are trying to reproduce the following behaviour:
1 - A simple trigger fires a job every X seconds;
2 - A job execution takes more than X seconds;
3 - The job has to start only at scheduled X seconds interval, with no running job's instance, and misfired triggers must be ignored
e.g.
trigger fires at:
00:00:30
00:01:00
00:01:30
00:02:00
Job is fired at 00:00:30 and takes 45 seconds to end. The 00:01:00 trigger has to be ignored and
next job execution must be scheduled at 00:01:30.
We would like to know:
- How we can configure this behaviour on a single SimpleTrigger;
- How we can configure this as default behaviour on Quartz properties file (into TAC//WEB-INF/classes).
We tried to reproduce a similar situation using org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold, set to a low value;
we experienced that this value allow to reproduce this behaviour, but often, if it's too low, prevents other triggers on other jobs to be fired correctly.
We also found this instructions MISFIRE_INSTRUCTION_RESCHEDULE_NEXT_WITH_EXISTING_COUNT and MISFIRE_INSTRUCTION_RESCHEDULE_NEXT_WITH_REMAINING_COUNT, which can be set into a Quartz SimpleTrigger.
We would like to know if and how we can set this instructions while creating simpleTrigger into TAC, and if exist other similar instructions to be configured
into Quartz properties file.
Thanks
Labels (3)
2 Replies
Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi friariello,

I have seen your post ist pretty old, but still. Did you find a solution for your issue? I need a robust solution, when the jobserver is temporarily not available and would like to use the option: MISFIRE_INSTRUCTION_RESCHEDULE_NEXT_WITH_REMAINING_COUNT or similar.

Thank you for your comments.

Tobi

PPat9713
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , I have been also looking answer for this, Does anyone found any solution on this please ?