Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowfrogBlues
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieving Message Id from a tMomOutput

Hi there; 

I have a tMomOutput feeding an MQ Server. This has been working for years but recently the receiver claims that they are not receiving all our messages and are asking for the Message ID  so they can track on their end. As I don't know of any methods directly with the tMomOutput to get the message ID out I used a trick by following the tMomOutput immediately with a tJavaRow and retrieving the ID with "byte[] msgIdBytes = message_tMomOutput_1.messageId". Technically this work and gives me an ID that looks valid but this ID remains constant instead of changing by message. 

Some guidance would be appreciated. 
Google tells me there was a message in the old community specifically about this subject but I can't find it here. 

Labels (3)
2 Replies
lorky
Contributor
Contributor

A good troubleshooting technique when you don't have any idea what is wrong is testing everything in isolation.

Make sure your REST request is coming the way you expect it

Check the mapping from path param to java object.

Is the SQL generating how you expect?

Run the standalone SQL against the database, does it return the expected results? If not, is the data in the db what you expect?

Check the mapping from db results to java obj

and so on. At one of these points, you'll probably see something you don't expect and then you can see why it isn't working how you want it to.

snowfrogBlues
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you lorky. Excellent general advise. As I mentioned this System has been working for years sending and receiving hundreds and hundreds of messages a day. There seems to be a few options in the tMomOutput that are missing according to the IBM documentation. The one to request a MsgId, the one to request a COA. Those are not in the MQMD but in the Options object that is feed to the put() method of the MQMessage.