Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJoly
Contributor III
Contributor III

[SOLVED] bad line in file generation

hi,

I will try my best to explain my bug.

I have to generate a lot of data in many files.

However I get just one bad line from the file generation.

I give you a screenshot from this bug.

You can see that the line 7187, is not the same as the other lines.

and I don't know why this line looks like that.

However there is an other line that is correctly format with this data.

Could you help me ?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AJoly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for your all response.

But I solved my data problem, I've remove a treplace, and it works well. I don't know why it didn't works, because the treplace was just on one field.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vatsal_ras
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe only when you open in excel it shows like that ? did you check in notepad ++. Basicall when a Numeric field has more length it shows in exponent format. Try playing around with Data type like double , big decimal ?

AJoly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer.

But my problem is not the format of the data, and when I open it on notepad++, I find the same.

You can see that the row 7187 isn't like the other row.

It start with a date, whereas the other row start with numeric data.

Do you see what i'm talking about ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your DB Type and where your data is coming from? A database table?

If you want your Excel cells formatted as numbers, your Excel schema should have those columns set to a number not a VARCHAR or NVARCHAR.

If your data is coming from a database table where those values are stored as VARCHAR, then you need to convert them to numbers before sending them to the Excel file. However, before you can convert them, you need to either be sure that they are numbers stored as text or provide a mechanism (possibly using a tMap) to filter out values which cannot be converted.

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

AJoly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

My data is coming from an extract of database, however the DB isn't ours, and come from software editor.

but my problem is not on the format of my data, but on entire abnormal row on the screenshot.

this row contain data, but not on the right place, whereas all the others row are right.

AJoly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for your all response.

But I solved my data problem, I've remove a treplace, and it works well. I don't know why it didn't works, because the treplace was just on one field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great your issue is fixed and thanks for sharing your solution with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina