Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koen_v
Contributor
Contributor

TOS DQ generates wrong SQL

In TOS for Data Quality I'm connecting to an Oracle 12 database. Connection is successful and Talend is able to retrieve the schemas, tables, and fields. Some field names are entirely in upper case, some field names start with an upper case letter for the rest are lower case, e.g.: "Fieldname". The DBA created these field names as case sensitive names (see this post). Talend recognises these differences in the metadata repository, so no problems so far.

However, when running an analysis on an Oracle DB from TOS DQ, Talend automatically generates a query in the background and capitalises all field names and encloses them in double quotes, even though the field names are lower case in the Metadata repository. So, field "Fieldname" in the repository will turn into the following query:

SELECT "FIELDNAME" FROM "SOMETABLE"

However, "FIELDNAME" in Oracle is a different field than "Fieldname".

The odd thing is when I'm using MySQL as a source DB the field names are kept exactly the same (i.e. lower case) when running an analysis.

Is this a bug in Talend's SQL generator, or is there a workaround?

Labels (2)
0 Replies