Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend integration with Netezza

Hello Everyone,
I am new to talend but find the DQ tool easy to use. I am eventuating Talend for Data Quality use.
We have Netezza setup and I am successfully able to connect to Netezza database but some how the connection is not showing all tables in schema or entire schema. When I am accessing Netezza DB using other DB tools I can see everything. Does any one encounter to similar kind of issue? Or do i need to do any configuration changes to see all data objects.
Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Can you e xpand the database connection under metadata? On which build version you got this issue?
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MDJ9.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply.
By build is 6.3.1.20161216_1026
I have both problems as you asked.
First I can expand database connection but I can't see all schema in the connection. (See Image 1) The image is showing one schema only but in reality there are 8.

0683p000009MDSE.png
Second I can not expand database connection and hence no schema ans no tables (See Image 2); but when I run overview view analysis the tables are picked during analysis.

0683p000009MCz9.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you please click "Reload table list" to see if it works? Does this issue only repro on your Netezza DB?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,
I did reload multiple times but the results are same. Even I dropped connection and re created it. Right now I am connection to only Netezza, don't have other connections, but with in Netezza for some databases are showing all data objects but few ones are not showing anything or not all.
Regards,
Rahul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
but with in Netezza for some databases are showing all data objects but few ones are not showing anything or not all.

Is there any permission issue on your DB?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I think it should not be a permission issue reason
1. I can see all data objects when I use other data connection software  like Aginity, Aqua.
2. For one of database (STAGE) I can't drill drown to see tables and views but during Overview Analysis the tables are picked up and statistics are shown against the tables/views.
Regards,
Rahul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
What's your Netezza Version? We are trying to make a testing on V 6.3.1 to see if this issue repro.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Netezza version is 7.2.1.3.
Regards,
Rahul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
i would like to inform you that the problem is solved. As you pointed out earlier "It was a permission issue". My account was having data access issue but some of the metadata access functionalities were not enable. 
The DBA compared my access rights with others and did changes, now I can access all tables/schema. Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Rahul