Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

Tool Architecture

Hello All,

Being a non-Talend ETL resource, i am trying to find if there is an architecture diagram that lists down the underlying architecture of the tool. The  architecture diagrams that are fetched in my google search are always giving me ways to download and configure the TOS...i am in fact looking for a bigger picture which can help me understand what this tool is all about.

My emphasis on architecture would be to learn how the various components/modules of the tool are integrated, how and where is the metadata saved, how do we push the code from the front end (client machine) to the server side so that a corporate scheduler can kick start the jobs, how do we set environments like Dev, Test and Prod, how and where is the Admin tool coming into play, what are the admin tools and functionalities available. What functionality is available in what module etc

Can some one please help

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please refer below link for understanding more about Talend reference architecture. It is having details for various Talend products. Since you are using Opensource, your current flow will revolve around Talend Studio component and many other management components will not be available to you.

https://talendpnp.github.io/architecture-center/reference-architecture/summer-2018-7.0/

Please spare a second to mark the topic as resolved if the answer has helped you 🙂 Kudos will be a bonus!

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Nikhil...While the question remains unanswered, Appreciate your time in attempting to answer my question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would not recommend the Talend Open Studio for an enterprise level setup. For the enterprise level processing, the recommendation will be always to go for Subscription version of the Talend tool.

The questions you have asked covers a wide range of areas and we will not be able to cover it in one community post. So I would share the link which can give you maximum number of resources.

https://www.talend.com/customer-success/

It is having wide range of articles, videos, webinars, blogs etc. which can answer your queries. I would also recommend to go through help.talend.com to understand more about individual Talend components and sample scenarios. Please do not worry after seeing the vastness of the resources for each subject area. I would always recommend to start playing with Studio for your specific product, as it is the heart of entire development cycle. 

I would also recommend to try Talend Cloud 30 day trial where the entire management platform will be based on Cloud.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂