Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HookemHorns
Contributor
Contributor

create table

Hello I am new to Talend and I am getting the weirdest error when trying to create a table and I don't know why it can't create it.

So I am trying to take data from one database and then take that table maybe do some group aggregation on it then import the result to another database. But I'm having a hard time.

So I got my connections and they seem to be working fine (as shown beneath), but the create table is having major issues.

Creating table failed, NullPointer exception. It's kind of frustrating. I checked to make sure I had create table permissions on that database and I do. So Idk, I also am able to read from the database I want using dbinput, but I want to take what I read and then group it by date and sum certain columns and then insert that table into the new database. Thanks so much and I can try to be as responsive as I can to help with this.

0693p00000AGLlHAAX.png

0693p00000AGLl2AAH.png

2 Replies
HookemHorns
Contributor
Contributor
Author

nevermind, I don't know what the problem was with my tDBConnection_2 but I just connected manually in my createTable_1 and it worked just fine.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Not defined Not defined​ , you need to to use on subjob ok from tDBConnection_1 to tCreateTable,if you wan to create a table and the connection which you need to use and you need to configure schema section.

check the below link to know more about tCreateTable.

https://help.talend.com/reader/2CW1oEQo4fah8ROrwjm1mA/Y26ZMiF6A95lY3gR73E~QA

Thanks,

Manohar