Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

function to get values occurrence number

Hello,

In Data Preparation, I would like to create a column with the number of occurrences of the values of another column. This would filter the duplicate values for example.
I didn't find out how to do that.

Lilian

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am actually not sure why you want to create a new column. As you describe it, the profiling panel of Data Prep seems to be the perfect candidate for such a use case. You can see very easily the number of occurrence of your values (so that you can directly see duplicates and unique values) and then you can directly filter by selecting them.

See the attached screenshot where you can see 2 duplicate values and 1 unique value directly in the profiling bar chart.

Regards,

Patrick

Screenshot.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Patrick,

You're right, profiling panel allows to visualize the duplicates and filter them but nothing allows to filter all duplicated values via an action.
For example: I have the following data:
col_1
-------

I wish I could apply an action on col_1 to calculate the number of occurrences of values as follows:
col_1    col_2
-------    -------
1          2
1          2
2          1
3          3
3          3
3          3
4          1

Then, I could apply an action on col_2 to filter the values > 1. So, automatically, I could quickly treat ALL duplicated values.

I hope my explanations are clear 😉

Regards,

Lilian