Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palkondatharun
Contributor
Contributor

if a file is open or not check

i want help regarding if i am running my job, if the file is open which is used in my job,i want to get a message like file is open . is their any component are procedure to do it 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
joearun4u
Creator
Creator

@palkondatharun ,

There is no component available in talend to check the file open status. Tell us your requirement, we can achieve through job design .

Thanks,

Joe

Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you already checked twaitforfile component which iterates on a directory and triggers the next component when the defined condition is met.

For more information, please have a look at this online component reference:

https://help.talend.com/reader/vn0o8XYVXXNgJkRtWjet9A/YoomBRF5~0bA6LoSfpV_eQ

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

palkondatharun
Contributor
Contributor
Author

if we are developed a job using one excel or any file, we writing data to the file, if the file is open that time it will give error this is what we generally found in Talend, but instead of that I want to get a message like the file open please close the file.

palkondatharun
Contributor
Contributor
Author

please help me how to get a message, if a file is open or not while the same file we are using in the job(writing the data)