Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II

tMap not mapping correctly to the output

Hi,

I have a very peculiar (and could be very simple) problem with tMap. Here is my job

0693p00000BE6FuAAL.png

I am trying to get a 6 column input to the destination. The tmap shows the mapping as I expect:

0693p00000BE6HHAA1.png

However when the data lands in final table it gets mapped to wrong columns. e.g. member_id column is loaded with page_nm data, domain_nm gets member_id data etc.

Can someone please help me figure out what I am missing here?

Thank you in advance,

workingbuddha

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think I figured out what the issue has been(and it is such a dumb issue).

The order of columns in my select statement in the query of tDBInput(select cd_event_id, member_id....) was different from the schema of tDBInput. 

I just changed the select from query to match the order exactly as that of the schema and now the data is flowing perfectly.

I cannot believe this could be an issue for any ETL... smh.

Thanks for the help though CLi1594691515. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CLi1594691515
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Would you mind to capture you tDBoutput component? I suspect it is causing by the ordering in tDBOutput_1(Output) is not align with your input (tMap).

workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sure... here is the screenshot of the tDBOutput:

0693p00000BEFE2AAP.png 

CLi1594691515
Contributor
Contributor

Seems nothing wrong on the setting.

Maybe you can put tLogRow before and after tMap to see is the in and out results are as expected or not.

workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Put it after tmap and I get something like this.

0693p00000BEFbGAAX.pngOutput in the table still has garbled values..... Am I missing some delimiter/carriage return here?

CLi1594691515
Contributor
Contributor

How about the input one from tDBInput? Does it looks like the output?

workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am not sure what you mean by input from tDBInput but this is the schema for tDBInput.

0693p00000BEFh9AAH.png

CLi1594691515
Contributor
Contributor

Simply said, use tLogRow to check the input data from tDBInput vs output data from tMap. 😄

workingbuddha28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think I figured out what the issue has been(and it is such a dumb issue).

The order of columns in my select statement in the query of tDBInput(select cd_event_id, member_id....) was different from the schema of tDBInput. 

I just changed the select from query to match the order exactly as that of the schema and now the data is flowing perfectly.

I cannot believe this could be an issue for any ETL... smh.

Thanks for the help though CLi1594691515.