Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haresh
Contributor
Contributor

How to induce a timedelay when transferring the file from one directory to another by using twaitforfile or custom java code?Because the file is still being written to the source folder

I am using talend to pickup file from source folder and transfer to the destination folder,however i want to pickup the file for processing only if the file is completely written in the source or not during/when the file is actively being copied into the source folder.

I realize that in talend when trying to move the file from source to dest. when the file is being still written into source folder-it shows an error message that "file is still being used by another proces" however i dont want that error to be triggered for each every run,i would want to skip and move to the next file in the iteration folder.

Can i use a twait or twaitforfile between components or add java code to handle it such that "presenttime(sysdate)-filetime(arrivaltimeinto the folder)>timedifference(lets say around 3-5 minutes)"

Only if the condition is satisfied move the file to destination folder.

Please suggest which is the best efficient way to handle this.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to use this solution I have suggested for a different issue and extend it to suit your purposes......

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D73p000004tGIFCA2

Once you have this data, you could do a second "sweep" of the files and look for differences in size, etc. If there are no differences, then you can focus on moving those files first. Something along those lines