Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunrein
Contributor II
Contributor II

Talend Data Catalog 7.3 will not ingest data on larger schemas (and some small ones)

Hello All,

We have Talend Data Catalog 7.3 installed (our whole stack is Talend).

We have installed it according to the instructions.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be able to harvest from larger DB's (and sometimes doesn't even load the metadata.)  Smaller/simpler DBs ingest fine.

Has anyone run into this issue?  Talend Support has been working the issue over a month.  

Account reps are no help.

ANY similar situations, things to try, etc.  would be more than welcome!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had a pretty similar issue - the problem was that our data catalog server was to small - you need a lot of memory. But you could also try to work with filters - if you'd like to harvest big databases  with a small server it is recommended to work with filters for the schemas, tables & views and so on.

Regards,

Steffen

sunrein
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, I definitely need to upgrade our TDC server.  Views (some of our COTS have horrible views) seem to be one area where the tool can get bogged down in our environment.  

I'd really like to just pull tables, but I don't see a way to get the Import Set-Up to ONLY look at views, but I've not found anything in the tool, training, or community that indicates I can filter on object type...

I do appreciate the answer - it gives me fodder for a bigger server!

Have a good one!

sunrein
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, I definitely need to upgrade our TDC server.  Views (some of our COTS have horrible views) seem to be one area where the tool can get bogged down in our environment.  

I'd really like to just pull tables, but I don't see a way to get the Import Set-Up to ONLY look at views, but I've not found anything in the tool, training, or community that indicates I can filter on object type...

I do appreciate the answer - it gives me fodder for a bigger server!

Have a good one!