Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend MDM unable to save user information

Hi ,
I am trying to save some changes on talend mdm web console. but it is throwing the following error. Does anyone face this issue earlier? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'
at com.amalto.core.save.DefaultCommitter.save(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.save.SaverSession.end(Unknown Source)
... 80 more
Caused by: com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'
at com.amalto.core.objects.ItemPOJO.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.objects.ItemPOJO.store(Unknown Source)
... 83 more
2016-11-15 21:05:31,091 ERROR com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'; nested exception is: 
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,
I am trying to save some changes on talend mdm web console. but it is throwing the following error. Does anyone face this issue earlier? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'
at com.amalto.core.save.DefaultCommitter.save(Unknown Source)
... 80 more
Caused by: com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'
at com.amalto.core.objects.ItemPOJO.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.objects.ItemPOJO.store(Unknown Source)
... 83 more
2016-11-15 21:05:31,091 ERROR com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized write access by user administrator on Item '__SYSTEM.User.administrator'; nested exception is: 

It seems to be an authorization problem, did you assign the user the correct role? does have the role the write rights?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have assigned write permission to the user. However it still gives that error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Getting the following error
0683p000009MC9a.png
mamohan
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting a similar error in mdm log
Unauthorized read access by user xxx on Item 'customer_v2#STAGING.acct_type_v2.1'; nested exception is:
com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unauthorized read access by user xxx on Item 'customer_v2#STAGING.acct_type_v2.1'

user role in tac is administrator under MDM
and i have a custom role defined. With which user is able to see the model, container and can even see data in staging and master tables. Only error is while changing model and container + while browsing data or editing data. I have given read and write access to all models to the role defined. This works fine when trying to login as security admin though.