Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJab
Contributor
Contributor

XLS Drool Spreadsheet in Talend DataFabric

Hello, I hope somebody here can help me with my problem.

I am new to Drools and Talend and I am trying to use tRules with a XLS spreadsheet i made in Excel, so I could use Drools rules.

This is how my job looks like: My DummyData has following columns: namefirst, namelast, age, email, country, username

0693p00000AZleUAAT.png

According to Drools spreadsheet syntax I built this xls rulefile, which takes anyone above 50 and changes it lastname to "Ich"

0693p00000AZleoAAD.png

The error when starting the job is the following:

0693p00000AZleyAAD.png

I made a drl rule with the exact same condition and action and same 'class' in talend and it worked there. My question is why doesn't talend recognize the classes 'inputstruct' and 'outputstruct0' to handle incoming row data, even though it worked in the drl file?

And does anyone know how to process the rows that go into my xls rule? Is there a library i have to use? What am I doing wrong?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When you get some compile errors, please check your "Code" tab in your job. There will be your compile error highlighted in red line.

Best regards

Sabrina

BJab
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Sabrina,

your response helped me to understand alot more but i still struggle with my original problem.

This is the Exception i get:0693p00000AZsHIAA1.png0693p00000AZsHSAA1.pngI appended the Code below.

The thing I cannot explain is: The code itself uses the class row1Struct and outputStruct, but when i try to use it in my Excel Desicion Spreadsheet it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance!

FFresno1609309753
Contributor
Contributor

You can use the Drools web application integrated in Talend Administration Center to define business rules using any of the following formats: Business Process: a Data: Talend Big Data Platform: Talend Data Fabric: Talend Data Integration Users may also author Decision Tables using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.

From Talend Administration Center, you can create rules using 

WHEN-THEN

statements with conditions that are logical groupings of logical operators. Based on data that comes from a variety of sources and departments, the business expert can then define actions, to be executed if the rule condition evaluates to true.

In the following example, you will create a Guided Rule named CheckYoungAge that will be used to trigger loan agreement decisions based on the age of the people who apply for bank loans.

From the Drools page, click Authoring and select Project Authoring.

From the New Items list, select Guided Rule.

The [Create new Guided Rule] dialog box opens.

From the Package list, select the package in which you want to create the rule.

The package list will include only the packages to which you have access.

Select the Use Domain Specific Language (DSL) check box if you want to provide access to a list of "DSL Sentences" from which you can choose a condition to add to the rule.

Click OK to complete the rule creation and close the dialog box.

aessuccess

Millerien
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I do feel a bit on the curve, the thing is ive to learn it by sunday, at least till the data quality part.

I would really appreciate if you can forward me towards some end to end tutorial videos. I have found some from youtube and talend community, but more will be better 🙂

I am trying the tfilelist, will update as I get to find more

www.krogerfeedback.com