Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Could not find or load main class

I bet you guys are tired of getting this question, huh? I can't seem to find a solution, though. I am getting this error when I try to run jobs from Talend AND as exported jobs on a Linux server.
I am running the latest version of Talend MDM on a Mac. It's a brand new install on a brand new machine. I have JAVA_HOME pointing to the correct filepath: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_55.jdk/Contents/Home Talend lives in ~/Documents, /Applications, it doesn't seem to matter, nor does it make a difference if I substantially shorten the filepath. There are no spaces anywhere in the filepath.
I am trying to import an archive file from the same version of Talend MDM on another Mac which was running 10.9 (Mavericks) just like this one is. I've copied the whole Talend directory from that machine and dumped it on the new computer. I've exported a zip and sent it over, and imported it into a new installation of MDM. Same thing, every time. I've been at this for hours. I'm pretty sure Java is in the right place on my computer, and it's definitely in the right place on the Linux server. I've tried Java 6 and 7. (Java 6 was giving me the same error, but it looked more like a Java exception -- under 7 it's just, "Error: Could not find or load main class projectname.jobname_0_1.jobname".) I've tried this with different versions of Talend, such as Big Data. I've tried creating brand new jobs in brand new workspaces. Same error. I've tried deleting the contents of workspace/.Java. Nope. Meanwhile Talend works like a dream on the other computer, and always has.
I would gladly welcome some new ideas. Is there anything I'm overlooking?
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out. Went to Preferences > Java > Installed JREs. There was nothing there. I clicked Add and then browsed to my Java 7 installation. Now my jobs are working!
I have never had to do that before, oddly. I even installed Talend MDM Studio on my other laptop as an experiment this morning, and it worked fine. Very odd.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Just to ensure one detail first, when you say:
(Java 6 was giving me the same error, but it looked more like a Java exception -- under 7 it's just, "Error: Could not find or load main class projectname.jobname_0_1.jobname".)

Do you get this error in Talend MDM Studio or Server?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. It was MDM Studio.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out. Went to Preferences > Java > Installed JREs. There was nothing there. I clicked Add and then browsed to my Java 7 installation. Now my jobs are working!
I have never had to do that before, oddly. I even installed Talend MDM Studio on my other laptop as an experiment this morning, and it worked fine. Very odd.