cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edith1
Creator
Creator

tRestClient error - HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type

I am running out of ideas as to why this URL request is throwing the 415 error. We have Talend Data Catalog and I am requesting the endpoint to logout the authentication that is currently logged in. I tested this request using the Data Catalog API tool and it was successful. I have the same setup as shown in the web tool in Studio, but I cannot figure out the problem. Can someone please help me? The attached document shows the request and 200 response log from the Data Catalog web tool along with the Studio request and 415 response log. Am I missing something?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III

I know this one is really old but it hurts my heart seeing 0 replies.

I was able to get around this by putting in a header variable "Content-Type" with the value of "application/json"  (you don't need the quotes.

Basically you are telling the API what you want to get back and in most cases the above will do.

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Could you please post the full of stack trace here? Does the tRestClient have 'Die on error' option to trigger a failure in the task?

Best regards

Sabrina

mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III

My post was just to say I found the solution not to say I still have the problem but thanks for the response.