Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js_support
Contributor
Contributor

Auto-commit settings

Hello,

I am seeing these entries in the SVN log:

User 'admin@curvedental.com' at 23:41:11 UTC 2018-02-07 :
Migration tool: project [edw_project] tasks
User 'admin@curvedental.com' at 23:41:05 UTC 2018-02-07 :
Log on in project "edw_project".
User 'admin@curvedental.com' at 23:41:03 UTC 2018-02-07 :
Migration tool: project [edw_project] tasks
User 'admin@curvedental.com' at 23:41:02 UTC 2018-02-07 :
Update project 'edw_project'

This leads me to believe some sort of auto-commit is happening. Any idea how to disable that?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
js_support
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Bumping

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The log pattern will be automatically applied to all commit logs, except user logs if the Svn user log option is activated (SVN only).

For more information, please have a look at online document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to log information on edited items.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @js_support,

Just came across your query, I think you need to go through this Talend help guide.

By default the commit mode in TAC > Project is set to Automatic, Talend Studio automatically commits the changes made on the Project and Repository items. 

So you need to change it to Unlocked items: Talend Studio commits the changes made on certain items when those items are unlocked. An item is unlocked either when you close it or when you manually unlock it, depending on the Lock mode selected (see Lock mode in this table). For more information about lock principles, see the above guide.

Regards,

Ramit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Commits should be done based on the real transactions you’re working with. They should be done when it logically makes sense, not after every statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, based on customer's requirement, the same I have explained in my previous comment, how we can achieve, desired commits.

Thank you!