Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor

Built DemoREST-Job as OSGi in Talend 8.0.1 not run in Karaf (ESB)

Hi All,

I have a new installation (Java: zulu11.52.13) and I built the Talend-DemoREST-Job in Talend Open Studio for ESB v. 8.0.1 as OSGi. The DemoREST-Job it run successfully when running from the studio, but when trying to run in Karaf -> nothing, no warn noch error noch massage. The Karaf Log-Service only show:

Started bundle: wrap:file:/C:/Talend/TOS_ESB/Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy/DemoREST-0.1.jar$Bundle-SymbolicName=DemoREST&Bundle-Version=0.1

Installing bundle DemoREST / 0.1.0

No endpoint was registered. (karaf@trun> list-endpoints -> is empty)

The DemoRESTRoute-Job it run successfully from the studio and in Karaf. The DemoRESTRoute-endpoint is registered.

Where is my mistake?

I think, the DemoREST-OSGi from Talend Open Studio for ESB v. 8.0.1 ist not complete. The jar-file is 3KB, only with MAINFEST.MF.

When I build the DemoREST-OSGi with Talend Open Studio for ESB v. 7.3.1, the jar-file have 6054KB. When I deploy the 7.3.1-DemoREST-OSGi in the 8.0 Karaf runtime, it runs 😉

Thanks for some feedback 🙂

Labels (3)
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The 8.0 DemoREST-OSGi are not working in the 8.0 Karaf runtime?

Did you follow up this online documentation to build your job as osgi bundle?

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/studio-user-guide-open-studio-for-esb/building-job-as-osgi-bundl...

Best regards

Sabrina

MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

UPDATE

I am sure that the issue is not the installed runtime but the built OSGi-jar ist not complete.

0695b00000N0fX8AAJ.png 

Maybe there is a issue with the migration? When I start the demo project for the first time in 8.0.1 the following message shows up.

0695b00000N0fQ3AAJ.png

MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina.

THX for you feedback.

Yes, that was my Procedure, step 1 - 4.

I don't completely understand the last hint:

For use cases of building a Job as an OSGI Bundle For ESB, see Data Service and Routing Examples.

Whitch Data Service and Routing Examples?

I think, it gives changes for the local Talend Runtime?

0695b00000N0fSmAAJ.png(I don't really have a drop down selection)

0695b00000N0fT6AAJ.png(I also miss the setting)

Best regards

Marcel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it OK with you when you re-create a new ESB job in V 8.0 and then deploy it in V 8.0 runtime?

Best regards

Sabrina

MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No, I get the same behavior. But sometimes also the following error message:

0695b00000N0fo4AAB.png(see also the lastGenerated log)

When I delete the C:\Talend\TOS_ESB\Studio\workspace\IMPORT_DEMO_APP\poms\jobs\process\demorest_0.1 folder and restart Talend, this message no longer displays.

I think this error message is a other issue.

Best regards

Marcel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are suspecting that the imported project is corrupt or incomplete.

Is it possible to create a new fresh project for your talend open studio V 8 and do some testing on it as I don't repro this issue from my side.

Best regards

Sabrina

MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

yes, I can do that. I have re-imported the "Application Integration Demos" -> say OK, for the migration -> run Job (DemoREST) in Studio -> fine, it runs -> Build Job -> jar-file has 3KB again -> deploy -> no endpoint is registered in Karaf, Job (DemoREST) not runs in Karaf

Best regards

Marcel

MarcelR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

in the last days I have tested this behavior again. With the same result. An OSGI job is not started in the runtime. Thereby I tested the already mentioned DEMO project, without success. But also a very simple newly created project.

The issue is also only with the OSGI jobs. The rods are not affected.

What I forgot to tell you, I'm using a Windows 10 system. Could it have something to do with that?

Best regards

Marcel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using oracle JDK 11 as well? Could you please create a jira issue of ESB project on talend bug tracker?

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Best regards

Sabrina