Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenG
Partner - Contributor III

CData driver license when using Remote Engine

Hi,

we are using a licensed version of a CDATA driver. If we run the jobs local (CDATA driver installed with correct licence) it works.

If we now publish the jobs to the TMC and configure the connections an error message occures:

0695b00000dbPUzAAM.png

I looked into the path and copied the .lic file and then it works. But every time we update the job on the cloud Talend generates a new folder on the remote engine which leads into that error and we need to manually copy the .lic file.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks

Ben

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenG
Author

Hi,

unfortinally the resource_file didn't work, but I found out that the job is searching for the licence in this folder also: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\.CData

So I checked this and the folder was missing. I created it and copied the file into the folder now every thing is working well!

Thanks for giving me hints.

Cheers

Ben

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is your path available on the TMC (or via the Remote Engine the job is being run from)?

Could you share the job design having the problem, especially around the tRunjob component, and its properties? Did you use context value in it? If so, please make sure the 'transmit whole context' box is checked on tRunJob.

Best regards

Sabrina

BenG
Author

Hi,

the job is running on a Remote Engine. On that Engine the path is available, and I need to copy the license file manually to that path. That is exactly the problem.

Here is the job design

0695b00000dbzmuAAA.png 

0695b00000dbznTAAQ.png 

Kind regards,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ben

Which folder do you put the license file when you run the job in local studio? I suggest you to investigate if it is possible to get the new folder path in the job when the job is executed on Remote Engine? If yes, add license file as an resource file on TMC and use component to copy the license file to that new folder.

Regards

Shong

BenG
Author

Hi,

Good idea. The licence is registered in the regedit.

I will have a look and try to find the path when I run it locally.

Thanks

Ben

BenG
Author

Hi,

unfortinally the resource_file didn't work, but I found out that the job is searching for the licence in this folder also: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\.CData

So I checked this and the folder was missing. I created it and copied the file into the folder now every thing is working well!

Thanks for giving me hints.

Cheers

Ben