Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philw66
Contributor III
Contributor III

Customizing Studio Published Nexus Group ID

Hi,

I would like to direct the location that Nexus artifacts are created when publishing jobs via Studio.  However, I would like to embed the Talend project name as part of the Nexus Group ID since we are managing multiple projects in Talend to help with artifact organization. 

Is there a way to expose the projectname as a variable to Talend Studio  Window->Preferences->Talend->Nexus->Artifact repository  (see attached)?  We are using Talend 6.5.1.

Thanks,

Phil

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The Nexus Default GroupId setting in Preferences -> Talend -> Nexus shown above has been replaced by the similar setting Project Settings -> Build -> Maven -> Deployment GroupId since 7.1.1

Please have a look at this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-19998.

Best regards

Sabrina

philw66
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please note that :
1. We are using 6.5.1
2. We want to use a variable in the Group ID so as to be able pass the Project Name in order to target where the artifact is to be placed.

Dezzsoke
Contributor III
Contributor III

I wonder what's the default group id is good for at all. All my jobs are in subfolders so I think because of that the default group id is never used.

I can't add jobs published by other projects. So I MUST pick my own projects jobs.

I can publish the same job into separate folders.

I can't rely on: every time you publish a release please make sure you use the right folder name and add your project in front. I wouldn't even trust myself not making a typo, and we have quite a few developers and projects. 

I agree with the others, having the project at the top level should be mandatory. Can't we have a {project} or {project_name}.{branch_name}  in the default group ID that would be concatenated in front?