Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
REjaz1662272866
Contributor
Contributor

Difference between two dates

Hello. How to find the difference between the current date and a date in your variable set (beginning date)? I tried Talenddate.diffDate(Date1, Dat2, stringtype), but this is the error being showed: The method diffDate(Date, Date, String) in the type TalendDate is not applicable for the arguments (Date, Long, String)

Please note, I don't want my date to be in the "long" format.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can read the source code of TalendDate functions by going to Repository-->Code-->Routine-->system routine-->TalendDate.

The method diffDate(Date, Date, String) in the type TalendDate is not applicable for the arguments (Date, Long, String), this function requires 2 parameters with Date type and one parameter with string type, but you pass a 'long' data to it.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can read the source code of TalendDate functions by going to Repository-->Code-->Routine-->system routine-->TalendDate.

The method diffDate(Date, Date, String) in the type TalendDate is not applicable for the arguments (Date, Long, String), this function requires 2 parameters with Date type and one parameter with string type, but you pass a 'long' data to it.

Regards

Shong

REjaz1662272866
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Worked, thanks.