cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Message import routines cannot be resolved

Hello, I've got a weird error message (see screenshot):

When I try to run my whole job with subjobs it throws this message. If I try to run them independently, it works. I tried googling the problem but I didn't find any answer suited. Does someone have a clue what it could be? CheckForNullPointers is my own routine, everything else is from Java/Talend. The version is 7.0.1, my Java version is jre8 (default).

0683p000009M2Jm.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got the solution for this problem: I had a passed variable string with slashes (it was a path string) which broke the entire code. It's impossible to get to this solution with the error messages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got the solution for this problem: I had a passed variable string with slashes (it was a path string) which broke the entire code. It's impossible to get to this solution with the error messages.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

could you tell me how you found that variable that messes up the code? I am having the same problem, but the project is so big I don't know where to start looking... It is driving me crazy...

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, I'm beldr but I can't login into this account anymore so I'll answer from this one:

If I remember correctly, I did this by manually checking all variables. I'm sorry I can't help you more, this is also a long time back for me.

What I can recommmend is changing half the variables that could be breaking the code to a dummy variable without any slashes and see if it still happens. If not, you know that one of the changed variables was at fault.

aaronrums
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced this exact error with one of my custom code libraries. Mine was calls CustomFunctions. My solution is completely different to what beldr mentions. Hopefully this helps someone.

My solution is somewhat mentioned in this post I found

https://community.talend.com/s/article/routines-Numeric-cannot-be-resolved-compilation-errors-with-Talend-Jobs-using-tRunJob-components-e0ujO?language=en_US

Basically, I have Job A and job B. BOTH used the CustomFunctions library. JobA called JobB via a tRunJob component. For some reason, the fact that JobA was calling JobB, and BOTH jobs used the CustomFunctions library was the issue.

My resolution was to remove the need for CustomFunctions from JobB. Luckily this was pretty easy for me.

I'm very confident that the issue was that JobB used CustomFunctions, because when I slotted in a dummy job into the tRunJob component in JobA, JobA executed fine with no problems.

Therefore I'm pretty confident the issue was caused (again) by the fact that JobA called JobB with a tRunJob component, and BOTH jobs utilized my CustomFunctions class/library.

Once I removed the usage of CustomFunctions from JobB, JobA ran fine, even with the tRunJob component calling JobB.

Hopefully this helps someone. It is a completely random error that is no fault of the developer.

NOTE: if you are able to remove the library functionality from your "JobB", make sure to also remove that library as a dependancy on JobB. Right-click JobB, click "Setup Codes Dependencies" and remove it from the GlobalRoutines tab by clicking the library and pressing the red "x".