Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error whil try to execute the job on ubuntu server

Hi,

I've a job which works with my talend open studio but when i try to execute it on my ubuntu server i go the fowllowing error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:4098)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3160)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$100(SQLServerConnection.java:43)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3123)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7505)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2445)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1981)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1628)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1459)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:773)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1168)

at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:677)

at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:228)

at projet_bi_cdg.testjobdeployment_0_1.testjobdeployment.tFileInputExcel_1Process(testjobdeployment.java:1776)

at projet_bi_cdg.testjobdeployment_0_1.testjobdeployment.runJobInTOS(testjobdeployment.java:3660)

at projet_bi_cdg.testjobdeployment_0_1.testjobdeployment.main(testjobdeployment.java:3460)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)

... 16 more

I don't know what is the problem?

Can you help me please?

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible for your to install Oracle JDK 1.8 in your ubuntu server?

So that, JAXB API will be included in java 8.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you export them to another machine (Ubuntu server) and execute job script files?

Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed in your Ubuntu server. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Here is online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Java Environments

Best regards

Sabrina

PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes this is it.

I use v7.2.1 of talend open data integration.

Here which version on java i got on my server :

openjdk version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.8+10-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu118.04.1)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.8+10-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu118.04.1, mixed mode, sharing)

For information, i got other job that work on this server so i don't think it's environnement variable.

Regards,

PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The most significative change between my new job and other is the database connexion : old => MYSQL, new => Microsoft SQL SERVER

Regards,

PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Any idea of the problem with my reply?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's JDK are you using in your machine where v7.2.1 of talend open data integration is installed? JDK 1.8?

As JAXB API is the API of java EE which is not included in Java SE.

From your error, we are supposing that you create a job in talend studio with java 8 and execute this job script files with openjdk 11.

Best regards

Sabrina

PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

JDK 1.8 is installed.

Ok seems to be that, so what the best practice for all my job create like that?

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible for your to install Oracle JDK 1.8 in your ubuntu server?

So that, JAXB API will be included in java 8.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

PierrickB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

It's works!

Thanks a lot.

Regards,