Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ctodd1123
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to generate poms with maven - Can't connect to Commandline server : localhost with port: 8002

Hi,

I'm writing a CICD script to automatically build our Talend code with maven. I'm following the documentation found here https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/software-dev-lifecycle-best-practices-guide/regenerate-pom-files . Current setup and steps completed:

1. We have nexus installed and working fine with our ~./m2/settings.xml pointing to nexus because I could install builder-maven-plugin with 'mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:8.0.1:install'
  2. I upgraded a Talend Studio to the command line server and I can start up the command line or enter into the console.
  3. I git clone my Talend project into local repository.
  4. ERROR task - I now try and generate poms using 'mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:8.0.1:generateAllPoms' . And I get the error 'Can't connect to Commandline server : localhost with port: 8002:'. The instructions don't actually say I need to be running the Commandline server but I try running it by calling ./commandline-linux.sh and then in another session running the mvn ... generateAllPoms again and I still get the same error, plus I see that nothing is listening on port 8002 anyway.

Any suggestions? Do I need the command line server running when I try to generate my poms? If so why is it not listening on port 8002. Should -Dproduct.path be pointing to my Command line server product or should it be a studio? Here is the command causing the errors and console output is attached:

mvn org.talend.ci:builder-maven-plugin:8.0.1:generateAllPoms \

-Dproduct.path=~/CICD/CmdLine/ \

-Dlicense.path=~/CICD/license

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several fairly easy options available for remotely managing a remote Windows Server using a command line, including a few native options.

Anj24
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

Yes, you need to start the commandline before generating poms. Once, this is running, it should listen on port 8002.

If you already have a commandline installed then give the location in -Dproduct.path and license for the same in -Dlicense.path.

Provide the path as /CICD/Cmdline/studio.