Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbabu228
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to Schedule a task in TMC which should run only if the previous instance of the same task is completed.

I have a task deployed in TMC which is running after every 5 mins. I need to ensure that the next instance of this task should not run before the previous instance is completed. How can it be configured in TMC?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can disable the option "allow parallel execution of the task". Thus, if previous execution is still running, next one will be marked as failed because another instance was already running.

0695b00000ddoZ0AAI.png 

Regards

Shong

nbabu228
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

This option is already disabled in TMC.

But I could see if the task is running for more than 5mins, the next tasks gets triggered and will be in Pending state and sometimes gets into running state as well.

Is there any way I could do configuration in TMC in such a way that the task should be scheduled for every 5 mins but the next instance of the task should be triggered if the previous instance is completed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the following error if the previous instance is still running and isn't completed, the execution will be marked as failed 

0695b00000ddpb7AAA.png 

Regards

Shong

nbabu228
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shong

In my case I am not getting the error like what you are showing.

Instead the next scheduled tasks are getting into Pending state as shown below.

0695b00000ddrUSAAY.pngI am using Remote Engine rather than Cloud.

Could you please help on this.

Thanks