Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stellayou33
Contributor
Contributor

How to add a customized table in sending email with html/java code?

Hi, I'm facing a problem with creating a customized table in the email part of my data alert. I want to get the row counts of two tables in different servers and generate a table basically looks like the picture below.

0693p00000C7s5jAAB.png

But I only received an email with a bunch of code in my email:

<HTML><HEAD><style type="text/css">.TFtable{width:100%; border-collapse:collapse; }.TFtable td{ padding:7px; border:# 4e95f4 1px solid; width:10%; text-align: center;}.TFtable tr{ background:# b8d1f3; width:100%; }.TFtable tr:nth-child(odd){ background: # FFFF;}.TFtable tr:nth-child(even){ background: # 8080ff; }.TFtable th{background: # 00001a;width:15%; text-align: center; padding;25%; color: white;}</style></HEAD><BODY><h3 style='text-align:center;'>Table</h3><table class="TFtable"><tr><th>Table1</th> <th>Count1</th><th>Table2</th><th>Count2</th><tr><tr><td>abc</td><td>123</td><td>def</td><td>456</td></tr></table>

My data pipeline looks like this:

0693p00000C7s8SAAR.png

The code in tJava_1:

globalMap.put("v_DetailedReport" , globalMap.get("v_DetailedReport").toString()+

"

<HTML><HEAD><style type="text/css">.TFtable{width:100%; border-collapse:collapse; }.TFtable td{ padding:7px; border:# 4e95f4 1px solid; width:10%; text-align: center;}.TFtable tr{ background:# b8d1f3; width:100%; }.TFtable tr:nth-child(odd){ background: # FFFF;}.TFtable tr:nth-child(even){ background: # 8080ff; }.TFtable th{background: # 00001a;width:15%; text-align: center; padding;25%; color: white;}</style></HEAD><BODY><h3 style='text-align:center;'>Table</h3><table class="TFtable"><tr><th>Table1</th> <th>Count1</th><th>Table2</th><th>Count2</th><tr>

"

);

tJava_2:

globalMap.put("v_DetailedReport" , globalMap.get("v_DetailedReport").toString()

+"<tr><td>"+globalMap.get("A").toString()

+"</td><td>"+globalMap.get("B").toString()

+"</td><td>"+globalMap.get("C").toString()

+"</td><td>"+globalMap.get("D").toString()

+"</td></tr>");

tJava_3:

globalMap.put("v_DetailedReport" ,

globalMap.get("v_DetailedReport").toString()+"</table>");

PS: A,B,C,D are the columns generated by the db input.

Anyone can help to debug this? Not sure the code doesn't map to a table. Thank you!

1 Reply
Alaor_Silva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Xiaoshan You​,

By the Resulting HTML code you sent, this is what you can expect to get in your email:

0693p00000C7zKaAAJ.pngTo validate the html you have a lot of options I just used https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_default

And on your tSendMail got to Advanced Settings and change it from Plan Text to HTML

0693p00000C7zMqAAJ.png 

I hope that helps you

Cheers