Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to manage all Talend jobs connecting from/to multiple databases in the Talend Management Console (Talend Cloud)

Hello,

I hope all is well. As we expand and diversify our data sources, I am reaching out to you for your expertise in managing Talend jobs across different databases. We are specifically interested in optimizing our workflow and ensuring seamless execution of data integration processes in Talend Management Console (Talend Cloud).

Could you please provide your insights on the following questions:

1. Currently, we only have 1 landscape in Talend Cloud where all Talend jobs are retrieving data from Salesforce, with that we have context variables configured in the Talend Cloud which the other Talend jobs are not applicable since they are retrieving the data from difference data base like SQL and Mongo. How do we manage this kind of scenario.
    1. Efficient management strategies for Talend jobs connecting to multiple databases in Talend Management Console.
  2. Best practices for organizing and categorizing Talend jobs for easier navigation and administration.
  3. Any Talend Cloud features for monitoring and troubleshooting Talend jobs across different databases.
  4. Potential challenges or considerations in managing Talend jobs in a multi-database environment.

Your suggestions and recommendations would greatly contribute to our ongoing efforts to enhance Talend job management.

Thank you for your time and valuable input. I appreciate your prompt response.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michelle Panis​ I want to share my personal experience about connecting multiple databases in a job.

#1, I create the context groups in repository and import the context variables which will be used in the job from repository to the job. Store and maintain the connection information of all databases or applications in a DB table, load the connection formation and initialize variable value in the beginning of job.

0695b00000kV2lAAAS.png#2. Under Job Designs-->Standard, use the folders to organize your jobs by the job's function or purpose. If there are so many jobs in different folders, you can activate the filter and filter the jobs by filling in a job name expression, this filter is convenient for you to find a job quickly.

0695b00000kV2lUAAS.png#3. You will be notified by email if the task runs failed, read the logs for detailed error messages in the task page.

Regards

Shong

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ 

Thank you for sharing your information I will definitely consider this.

But what if I have one (1) Talend job that retrieves the data from Salesforce Development, Quality and Production Systems and then loads the data to three (3) environments (Dev/Quality and Prod) also of SQL Server? Which I only have Context Group for Salesforce. I am not able to create one for the SQL Parameters in Talend Cloud since the credentials are strictly cannot be shared to us per SQL Admin. Which I have no idea yet how I will deploy that one (1) Talend job in the Cloud that loads the data to SQL Dev, Quality and Production system.