Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adnice
Contributor
Contributor

How to migrate talend job to different environment (dev, sit,prd)

Hi experts,

I am using talend open studio open source version and  not the enterprise version. I have built a job using talend open studio . Now I want to migrate it to next environment i.e. (SIT,PRD) . So , exporting a talend job and placing its (.bat or .sh) files to dev/sit/prd server would work or do I need to set context variable here.

Please advise.

Thanks,

A

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With talend open studio, please look at the script file you used to launch the job, it contains something like "--context=default--"
So, you can change the command line with the context you want to use.

For Talend Administration Center, you can select the right context when you create the task in TAC.  It is the context option when you create a task in TAC. The context will list DEV, TEST, PROD as per what you have specified in the Studio when defining your context groups.  Selecting the context means the job will be executed with the default values you specified in the studio for that context.  You can still override specific context variables in the TAC.

Best regards

Sabrina

adnice
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks xdshi,

I have another question where I am converting date field from a .txt file to date field in oracle using tmap TalendDate.parseDate("MM-dd-yyyy",row1.BIRTH_DATE) how ever it is resulting in date and current time zone. For example if  soource string is 11-25-2016 it is resulting as Fri Nov 25 00:00:00 IST 2016 whereas I want the date should be inserted as it is like 11-25-2016.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks