Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f_
Contributor
Contributor

How to publish an older version of an artifact on Talend Cloud ?

Hello 0683p000009MACn.png

Let's say I have a job at version 7.4 (M.m) in Talend Studio. I publish it on Talend Cloud with version 7.4.0 (x.y.z).

I find out it's not working and I quickly need to republish and older version, for example 7.3 from a GIT tag, to the cloud.

When I click publish on my 7.3 job, the popup shows the latest cloud version is still 7.4.0 (even though I deleted the artifact from the cloud) and therefore it doesn't let me publish anything inferior to 7.4.0... I don't want to publish my older 7.3 as 7.4.1, it doesn't make any sense!

Please could someone explain how are you supposed to publish an older version of an artifact to the cloud?

Thank you very much 0683p000009MACn.png

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The Karaf container has cached the previous version of the task, so Karaf is running the version that was executed earlier.

Could you please try these two possible solutions:

1. Repair the Remote Engine by following the instructions on the Upgrading and re-pairing Remote Engines page in the Talend Help Center.

2. Clear the Remote Engine cache for the task, by performing the following steps:

1. Stop the Remote Engine.
    2. Clear the following:
      \Talend-RemoteEngine-version\data\m2\actions\Task Name
      \Talend-RemoteEngine-version\data\m2\flows\Task ID
      \Talend-RemoteEngine-version\TalendJobServersFiles\archiveJobs\Task Name.zip
      \Talend-RemoteEngine-version\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\Task Name
    3. Start the Remote Engine.

To prevent this, Talend recommends that instead of deleting the artifacts/tasks, keep publishing them to create a new version, then Karaf will download and run the newer version.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina