Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with job when run via Remote Engine

Hi, I'm still very new to Talend and am having an issue whereby a job fails when run in the Management Console using a remote engine.

The Remote Engine is installed on one server (e.g. SERVER1), and the job is set up to output some CSV files to a particular folder on another server (SERVER2).

When the job is run in Talend Studio using localhost, it works perfectly fine without any issues, so it is not a local network problem.  SERVER1 and SERVER2 can talk to each other, and it's possible to access the file system from one to the other.

If I change the job to output to tLogRows instead, so not creating any output files, the job completes successfully when run in the Management Console.  It also works fine if I change the output directory to be somewhere on the same server the remote engine is running on.  So it's definitely permissions to create files on the file system of machines other than the one the remote engine is running on is where the problem lies.  Which is odd, as I have said, the job works fine in Studio.

This is the error from the management console.

Execution failed.
Step 9c9a5738-ab7a-40c3-95c5-98f90e4975b4 failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. 
### Job STARTED at 2019/09/04 15:52:07 (jobId=e496184c43f45d33a5713, jobExecutionId=20190904155207_jWdpL) ### 
### Job ENDED WITH ERROR at 2019/09/04 15:52:07 (jobId=e496184c43f45d33a5713, jobExecutionId=20190904155207_jWdpL) ### 
Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1 (AO_CreateTables) java.io.FileNotFoundException: 
\\SERVER2.domain.com\d$\Folder\output.csv (Access is denied) at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:133) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(AO_CreateTables.java:4116) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_7Process(AO_CreateTables.java:3479) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_11Process(AO_CreateTables.java:3204) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_10Process(AO_CreateTables.java:2929) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_6Process(AO_CreateTables.java:2654) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_5Process(AO_CreateTables.java:2379) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_4Process(AO_CreateTables.java:2104) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_3Process(AO_CreateTables.java:1829) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_2Process(AO_CreateTables.java:1554) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tCreateTable_1Process(AO_CreateTables.java:1279) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tDBConnection_1Process(AO_CreateTables.java:1004) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.tPrejob_1Process(AO_CreateTables.java:701) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.runJobInTOS(AO_CreateTables.java:6823) at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_createtables_0_1.AO_CreateTables.main(AO_CreateTables.java:6606)

The Remote Engone service is running on SERVER1.  When logged on to SERVER 1 myself, I can browse to folders on SERVER 2, and create, modify and delete files etc.  So the permissions are there.  But the Remote Engine service is running under "Local System Account".  So my theory is this account (whatever it is), doesn't have the necessary permissions to the file system on SERVER 2?

Is this correct?  I really can't think of anything else, and I have no control over the permissions and network here so need to understand what it is I need to ask my I.T (if indeed this is the issue).

Many thanks

Steve

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It does work on your local windows machine but not from the cloud/remote engine?

How is your UNC variable look? it must not depend from is it stored in context or hardcoded. Does the user of the service/daemon have access to the UNC path?

Best regards

Sabrina