Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator

JOB SERVER side: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Hi,

running my job locally in the Studio it works. MY local Studio Installation has all the mysql required libraries.

It is not true for the JOB Server installation, because when I deploy my Job, and run it in the Job server, I get:

[FATAL]: part_kpi.part_cashlog_data_import_0_1.PART_Cashlog_Data_Import - tMysqlInput_1 org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
	at part_kpi.part_cashlog_data_import_0_1.PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.tMysqlInput_1Process(PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.java:673)
	at part_kpi.part_cashlog_data_import_0_1.PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.runJobInTOS(PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.java:1288)
	at part_kpi.part_cashlog_data_import_0_1.PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.main(PART_Cashlog_Data_Import.java:1061)

I think the required library is:

mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar

but, where exactly I should copy it, in the Job Server installation?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Solved.

Nexus Service was down and then custom libraries were not transferred from Studio to the Nexus Repos and from here to the Talend Live Env.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

... or, better, is there a way to download required libraries directly into the Job Servers, from the web, thanks to something in the TAC admin panel?

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

I copied the mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar to:

/opt/as/APP/BITLDJOB-APP02/jobserver/agent/lib

restart the Job server but still the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your web application server ? Tomcat 8 or 8.5?

Could you please refer to this online documentation about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing database drivers in your Web application server?

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @xdshi 

documentation you linked seems related to the TAC server configuration, and the database behind the TAC server.

Am I correct?

Instead, I'm speaking of MySQL driver (Jar) required to permit a Talend Job to connect to a MySQL database. 

I'm not referring to the TAC DB.

Then, could you please point me to specific documentation about how to put in place specific drivers for the live environment?

Job running on my Studio is working successfully, because of this (look at the picture, please)

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

0683p000009M27J.png

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Solved.

Nexus Service was down and then custom libraries were not transferred from Studio to the Nexus Repos and from here to the Talend Live Env.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, nexus server is running well after the last patched version of the nexus hosting talend-update.talend.com on  Feel free to reach us through this thread if this kind of issue come back.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Sabrina

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @xdshi 

I was referring to our local Nexus service, which is required, as far as I understand, to "transfer" custom libraries (downloaded by the Studio) to the TAC/Job server, as stated here:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Architecture-Best-Practices-and/Custom-libraries-process/ta-p/30623

look for: "This is what happens behind the scenes"

is it still valid or it is an hold Talend architecture?