Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBhagat
Contributor
Contributor

Local Path/Hardcode values in assembly.xml file for common jar files

Hi,

I am using Talend Open Studio for ESB (7.3.1).

I developed a talend job and when I am running that job, the assembly.xml file -located at poms\jobs\process\testJob_0.5\src\main\assemblies, is getting local path for some common-logging jar files as below. I observed that below local path are only get added when I use tRestClient or other ESB components.

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-beanutils\commons-beanutils\1.8.3\commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar</source>

<outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>

<destName>commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar</destName>

</file>

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-beanutils\commons-beanutils\1.9.3\commons-beanutils-1.9.3.jar</source>

<destName>commons-beanutils-1.9.3.jar</destName>

</file>

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.2\commons-logging-1.2.jar</source>

<destName>commons-logging-1.2.jar</destName>

</file>

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.2.0\commons-logging-1.2.0.jar</source>

<destName>commons-logging-1.2.0.jar</destName>

</file>

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.10\commons-codec-1.10.jar</source>

<destName>commons-codec-1.10.jar</destName>

</file>

<file>

<source>D:\TOS_ESB-20200219_1130-V7.3.1\Studio\configuration\.m2\repository\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.6\commons-codec-1.6.jar</source>

<destName>commons-codec-1.6.jar</destName>

</file>

Can you please help on what project configuration is missing due to which these hard coded path are coming and why these jar files are not included in <dependencySet><outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>? These jar files with local path as <source> only comes when we use specific components. Else for other jobs, I also observed that these jar files are present under

<dependencySet><outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>. Kindly help.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is missing from your side. This is just how it works, for several reasons. The TOS product has not been built to make it easy to build without directly using the Studio. In the subscription product, we have full maven integration. But even that relies on Studio to do the builds. However in the subscription product we facilitate CI/CD as a feature.....

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/software-dev-lifecycle-best-practices-guide/ci-jenkins