Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open a GIT command prompt from Talend studio

Without leaving Talend Studio, what should I do to open a command prompt at the repo root, e.g. to run specific git commands?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your use case with some diagrams?

If the query is related to executing system commands from Job designer, you can use tSystem command where you can give any system related instructions directly.

https://help.talend.com/reader/iYcvdknuprDzYycT3WRU8w/mdw6s1fJbAlR4WwQQv9PCw

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to know how, from the Talend Studio IDE, to get to a command prompt like the one below, set to the talend repo folder, so that I can issue git commands to it.  This is not related to Job designer.  Just the Talend Studio IDE itself.

0683p000009LzS8.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is not possible through Talend studio directly since the files are pushed through GUI interface to GIT. If you are using a subscription version of Talend, I would advise you to raise a support ticket so that they will cross check whether any minor modifications/patches can help to satisfy your requirement.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Since I Cannot open a GIT prompt from Talend Studio, suppose I open a terminal and use git commands on the repo for my Talend jobs.  I might commit things, even change branches.  Is Talend Studio aware that the world has changed or could this lead to inconsistent results or errors?