Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichart
Contributor
Contributor

Pull and merge error: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException: Missing unknown

I have this problem with a specific branch, it does not happen with any other branches.

We are using Git with Nexus.

When I try to do a Pull and Merge in Talend Data Integration Studio (7.0.1.20180411_1414) I get the following error:

org.talend.repository.gitmerge.exceptions.MergeException: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException: Missing unknown e4238cc92bb2f8cb0fad1cbcc4c9cb41467a6817
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.services.AbstractMergeResult.setException(AbstractMergeResult.java:35)
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.ui.services.GitMergeUIService.resolveConflicts(GitMergeUIService.java:306)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.PullAndMergeAction.pullAndMerge(PullAndMergeAction.java:193)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.PullAndMergeAction.access$0(PullAndMergeAction.java:132)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.PullAndMergeAction$1.run(PullAndMergeAction.java:117)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException: Missing unknown e4238cc92bb2f8cb0fad1cbcc4c9cb41467a6817
at org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.WindowCursor.open(WindowCursor.java:160)
at org.eclipse.jgit.lib.ObjectReader.open(ObjectReader.java:234)
at org.eclipse.jgit.revwalk.RevWalk.parseAny(RevWalk.java:859)
at org.eclipse.jgit.revwalk.RevWalk.parseCommit(RevWalk.java:772)
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.ui.managers.ConflictItemsManager.init(ConflictItemsManager.java:162)
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.ui.managers.ConflictItemsManager.refresh(ConflictItemsManager.java:102)
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.ui.managers.MergeManager.startNewMerge(MergeManager.java:138)
at org.talend.repository.gitmerge.ui.services.GitMergeUIService$3$1.run(GitMergeUIService.java:224)
... 1 more

I can't find logs that would help me, the error "unknown" is not helping and I am not sure where to go from here....

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you!

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We met this jgit issue before when trying to merge a branch to another branch.

Please disable merge.ff (set merge.ff=false)

--ff
When the merge resolves as a fast-forward, only update the branch pointer, without creating a merge commit.
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/847612/

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

ichart
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, thank you for your answer but I do not have the necessary access to do that.

I ended up doing an Import/Export in Studio to another branch and deleted the problematic branch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ichart 

@ichart wrote:

Hi, thank you for your answer but I do not have the necessary access to do that.

I ended up doing an Import/Export in Studio to another branch and deleted the problematic branch.

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us. Feel free to let us know if this issue repro again in your end.

Best regards

Sabrina

Stephen-Elves
Contributor
Contributor

Where do we set merge.ff=false in Talend Studio I can't find the option in Windows -> Preferences or in File -> Edit Project properties?

Stephen-Elves
Contributor
Contributor

Where do we set merge.ff=false in Talend Studio I can't find the option in Windows -> Preferences or in File -> Edit Project properties?