Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WLawton
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule job every except last day of month

The CRON trigger supports the use of "L" to run on the last day of the week, or last day of the month. Is there a way to run every day that is NOT last day of the month? Something like -L?

Wayne

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Wayne, only in TAC is a built in, cron trigger option​ available for this. I have shared below the kb for this one:

https://help.talend.com/r/Nws6Zw7wuA_15bxnM1UoBg/IqFisoFA0qea~66VAeMdDw

With The on premise solution select all of the days of the month you want the trigger to go off.​ You may need to setup a few to get all of the months 28, 30, and 31 day months.

Is this for TMC or TAC?

WLawton
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is in TAC. I was aware of the option to setup multiple schedules. That just seems rather annoying and less flexible than desired. I have built a simple tJava that handles last day of the month, last business day, handles holidays, etc. Basically if the run date doesn't match the selected criteria then the tJava calls tDie to abort the job with a friendly message for the logs. Currently running in production so appears to be correct. I will post it to the site once I finish formal testing.