Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvarala1702372433
Contributor
Contributor

Sql Connection to Azure from Talend

Hi

I'm trying to deploy the changes to Talend TMC with new azure connections as source.

I encounter this error

Execution a47cf8d4-7f0e-4fcf-aa6b-2820f812c36d failed with code 1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. Exception in component tRunJob_4 (PIMS_to_Getpaid_ODS) java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed. java.sql.SQLException: The syntax of the connection URL 'jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://;appName=GETPAID;' is invalid.

here are the details

additional parameters:

encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=false;hostNameInCertificate=*.database.windows.net;loginTimeout=30;;authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword

host:

axxpsqlxx.database.windows.net

port:

User:

xyz_DEV@xyz.org.uk

can someone provide info on this pls

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does this change perfectly fine when you run it in studio? If it runs fine in studio, are you using context value in it?

Note: The context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

Best regards

Sabrina

vvarala1702372433
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

It using the dev environment context

In the SQL I have used Azure linked server and passing that as a context name

Example

Context.linkedservername.dbname.dbo.tablename, when I deactivate this sub job and deploy into TMC it's working fine.

Then I have removed the linked server context variable and pass dbname.dbo.tablename (this database exists in on prem too).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In the main job, everything works fine BUT not in the child job when publishing your job into TMC?

The variable name should be the same both in main job and child job, and make sure the 'transmit whole context' box is checked on tRunJob.

Refer to this topic, there should be an environment called Prod in TMC, and select the workspace from Prod in the workspace list when publish the job to Talend Cloud.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

vvarala1702372433
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

Transmit whole context is on.

here is the scenario

two separate jobs A and B ;one child job C.

C is called from both A and B . When A calls C its working but B calls C it fails both mains jobs uses same context parameter .so confused what causing the invalid db name as per error .

here using azure linked server in on prem database. Thanks