Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidPnt
Contributor III
Contributor III

TAC - ESB Conductor : apply context to child

Hi.

Version : Talend v6.1

Into the TAC, under the "Job Conductor" tab, I can select the context execution for my job, and I've got the "Apply context to children" checkbox.

So, if I choose that my parent job is executing with the PROD context, all the child jobs will excecute with the PROD context.

It works fine.

Into the TAC under the "ESB Conductor" tab, I can select the context execution for my WebService (just under "Runtime Config").

But I haven't got the "Apply context to children" checkbox !

So, whereas my parent job is executing with the PROD context, the child jobs don't execute with the PROD context. In fact, the childs maintain the excecution context that I had defined into the tRunJob component, when I had developped the jobs into the Studio.

I am wrong in my process ? 

Is there a workaround, to have this "Apply context to children" feature, on the service into the "ESB Conductor" ?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please check the option "transmit whole context" in all of the tRunjob? Let us know if this issue is resolved.

Best regards

Sabrina

davidPnt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina.

Thanks for response.

With the option "transmit whole context" checked, the context variables declared into the parent job are transmitted to the child job.

It's not what I want to do.

The goal is the following :

In my parent child, I've got 2 contexts (DEV and PROD).

In my child jobs, I've got the same 2 contexts (DEV and PROD).

In my child job "job_generate_logs", wich responsability is to generate logs in a specified repository, I've got a group context "ctx_path_logs" (only added in this child job, because it is his own responsability, not in his parent).

FYI : "ctx_path_logs" describes the paths where to write the logs, for the DEV environment and for the PROD environment.

Before publish, I can set, into the tRunJob component, the rigth context. But it's vey tiresome to do this action for all my tRunJob, at each time I want to split DEV or PROD.

So I want to use, into the TAC, in the "ESB Conductor" tab,  the runtime configation of the service : select the rigth context here (for example PROD context). But when I do that, only the parent job is running with the PROD context. The child jobs stay running with the context itinialized into the tRunJob component.

However, the "Job Conductor" tab, for the task, have the "Apply context to children" option ; that's work finely, even if the tRunJob components specified an different context. It's very usefull.

I would like to have the same feature in the "ESB Conductor" tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems the context is not applied to children jobs when the parent job is published from Studio to the Artifact repository and then run in TAC.

Does it work with build a zip file, then import the zip file from TAC rather than an "artifact" task from Nexus?

Best regards

Sabrina

navds
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @xdshi,

how to import a zip from TAC ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please let us know if this online user guide helps.

https://help.talend.com/reader/RK~CAb9nJ1erxR8SrBbKoQ/gy4G6M2uUTOfL5k5NootZA

Best regards

Sabrina

navds
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks for replying. The link you provided is helpful.

However, when I import the zip file of the job (built from the Studio as standalone binary, items + java sources checked), TAC said: "this job was created by an unsupported version of Talend Studio...". I am using version 7.1.1. 

What may go wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When you build or publish a Job, you must select the Items check box to include the Job items file with the Job build. To do this, open the Studio Job and republish the Job with the Items check box selected, then add the task to Job Conductor.

0683p000009M5lG.png

Best regards

Sabrina

navds
Creator II
Creator II

I have already done so.0683p000009M5zl.png

Could you please go to the following thread where I gave more details on this ?

https://community.talend.com/t5/Deployment/Cannot-create-an-execution-task-from-TAC/m-p/164699#M2948